iwconfig & orinoco problem

Hi!

I have recently installed debian woody on my laptop (getting fed up with redhat..!)
I am trying to set up my enterasys wireless card (802.11DS) to connect to my network, the kernel was compiled with pcmcia, orinoco & hermes.

when I type in iwconfig I get a message saying that the module was compiled with version 12 (I presume orinoco and/or hermes) but the iwconfig program is using version 15 and that things may be broken.. and they are!

I cannot set my ESSID.

when I try and apt-get the latest pcmcia-cs the message returns that I have the latest version installed and am a bit confused as to which direction I should be heading.

Any suggestions/hints?

Ben