Screen Resolution Problem

Hello list,

I've just managed to install the kernel (2.4) on my system.  I had to
use the boot option vga=0x305 to get my display right.  But after the
initial reboot I didn't get an option to set this again and the display
didn't come right by itself.

What I get is the display starting about 3 or 4 cm (1 inch or so) down
the screen and continuing to bottom where it gets cut off.  The last few
lines of the display are squashed at a different size at the very top of
the screen.  (Also, a few lines inbetween where the display stops at the
bottom and starts at the top seem to be missing).

I eventualy forced it to restart when it was trying to set up exim,
because I couldn't see all the options properly!

When I rebooted tried entering some boot options at LILO:

'Linux vga=0x305' didn't work as it said it only accepted 'normal',
'extended' or 'ask'.

So I tried 'vga=ask' and proceeded to try all the possible resolutions
one after another but none of them worked; I just got extactly the same
problem.

If anyone has any ideas I'd very grateful to hear them!

Cheers!

---