Re: probs with matshita dvd/cdrw combo drive and mplayer

>  couldn't open dvd device: /dev/cdrom
>
> watching .vob files from dvd works fine... but the menu doesn't work,
> that suxxx.
>
> what's my mistake? do i have to mount the dvd in a special way? what
> device should i choose?  i don't have a clue...

usually /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd are lynks to your real device. If you
are using scsi emulation for you CDR/DVD combo, you device has changed
to /dev/scd0. You should link /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd to /dev/scd0.

I have:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 Mar  7 17:40 /dev/cdrom ->
scd0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 Mar 23 12:40 /dev/dvd ->
scd0 brw-rw----    1 root     cdrom     11,   0 Mar 14  2002 /dev/scd0

--
mattia