Re: Vaio PCG-R505TSK Installation Trouble

    "Johannes" == Johannes Graumann <graumann@its.caltech.edu> writes:

    Johannes> Hello, I'm trying to install woody (bf 2.4) on my Vaio
    Johannes> PCG-R505TSK ... with no success.  After booting into the
    Johannes> bootfloppy cd with 'linux ide2=0x180,0x386" (to makte
    Johannes> the pcmcia cdrom drive work during the install) I can
    Johannes> install debian without any problems and the system comes
    Johannes> up after the installation system reboot with the
    Johannes> (ironic) congratulation that I have installed debian
    Johannes> sucessfully. Whatever I do next (and I have tried many a
    Johannes> thing ...) - upon next reboot the system gives me:
    Johannes> '<0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interupt handler! In
    Johannes> interupt handler - not syncing!'

    Johannes> What am I missing?

Hi,

Probably you're missing nothing, just adding too much! I bet you are
still adding the 'ide2=...' parameter on the second boot. Don't! The
kernel panic probably happens when PCMCIA tries to set up your CD ROM
during the boot process. That is also why booting into single user
mode is working.

At least that is what I see on my N505VE (where I use ide1=...).

Cheers!
Shyamal