Re: What all CD's do I need?

On Monday 31 March 2003 19:03, Jacob Tennant wrote:
> I am doing a basic install of debian on my TP770 and have had a friend
> download CD1 so far.
>
> Is this enough to get started or do I need to download all ? number of
> CD's.
>
> For those of you that are ham radio operators, I am trying to setup a basic
> system for running Xastir.(www.xastir.org)
>
> Jacob Tennant  K8JWT

cd 1 is designed to be a basic Debian install.  It should have everything you
need to have a functioning linux system, get on the internet and retrieve any
missing pieces via apt.

I have not looked in a while, the only possible issue may be missing pcmcia
(which is obviously a problem).  If pcmcia is missing you need cd 2.  You
should not need any of the other cds.