Re: Serious crash

Mike Dresser [Thursday, 27. March 2003 21:39]:
>| On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
>| > Yes, I had the same thing happen, with the same results. My battery
>| > wasn't run down either; I believe it tried some sort of suspend it
>| > wasn't configured for.
>| > I turned off suspend in the BIOS.
>| Indeed, I've got an Omnibook 5500/5700 hybrid, and back when it was a
>| 5500, I had suspend to disk turned on by accident.  First time the battery
>| ran low, it wrote over the first 32 meg of the disk drive.  Luckily I
>| hadn't had time to do much besides install Debian on it.
>| Shut that off in a hurry after.
>| Mike
...or create a new hibernation partition with lphdisk.
Maybe the (upgraded) amount of RAM doesn't fir to the existing partition size
(no more). Then it would overwrite some Megs. No wonder fsck is slightly
overcharged.
Apparently there's a timeout set up possibly in the BIOS,  what to do when
power is very low. Hibernation is the best solution, imho.
You could turn it off in the BIOS, and have it although working (by apm /
acpi events), since swasup is probably the better choice anyway.

regards
		micha