Reducing traffic to XFree86.0.log

Hello,

In my efforts to trade disk writes for silence I've gone through a
continued narrowing down of causes[1], and I'm now facing with the
XFree86.0.log file.

What happens is that the wacom driver often complains about not finding
the /dev/input/event0 device (ehi, it's USB, it's hot-pluggable, that's
fine, why bother?) and the development-stage SiS driver prints debug
tracing stuff about normal but unusual events, like the monitor entering
power saving modes (doh!).

I'd need some way to change the verbosity level in a driver-by-driver
basis (silencing wacom and SiS a bit and letting the other parts of X
complain undisturbed).  However, I couldn't find any documentation on
how to do that.

Do you have any clues?

Bye,

Enrico

[1] Thanks Jeff for the find tips!  However, it seems that there's no
better shortcut, like the kernel write log I was hoping to find. :(