Re: APM Problems with my acer travelmate 225XC

Read your apm.c module comments.
There are some lines like
 * Various options can be changed at boot time as follows:
 * (We allow underscores for compatibility with the modules code)
 *	apm=on/off			enable/disable APM
 *	    [no-]allow[-_]ints		allow interrupts during BIOS calls
 *	    [no-]broken[-_]psr		BIOS has a broken GetPowerStatus call
 *	    [no-]realmode[-_]power[-_]off	switch to real mode before
 *	    					powering off
 *	    [no-]debug			log some debugging messages
 *	    [no-]power[-_]off		power off on shutdown
 *	    bounce[-_]interval=<n>	number of ticks to ignore suspend
bounces

but also like:

/* KNOWN PROBLEM MACHINES:
 * U: TI 4000M TravelMate: BIOS is *NOT* APM compliant
 *                         [Confirmed by TI representative]

Also check if power off at shutdown is compiled into the kernel, by default.
apm=real-mode-poweroff

google:
linux "acer travelmate" apm "power off" poweroff shutdown
some hits:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/apm_acer.html
http://www.faqchest.com/linux/KERNEL/kern-01/kern-0108/kern-010821/kern01080614_20627.html

Let us now if you get it working !