Re: Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394, Netinstall and Knoppix aren't working too.

Meanwhile I've seen that there is a file /proc/bus/ieee1394/devices.  It
says :
Node [00:1023] GUID[0000f041040087b2]:
  Vendor ID: 'Linux OHCI-1394'
  Capabilities: 0x0083c0
  Bus Options: IRMC(1) CMC(1) ISC(1) BMC(0) PMC(0) GEN(0)
  LSPD(2) MAX_REC(2048) CYC_CLK_ACC(0)
Host Node Status:
  Host Driver: ohci1394
  Nodes connected: 2
  Nodes active: 2
  SelfIDs received: 2
  Irm ID : [00:1023]
  BusMGr ID : [00:1023]
  In Bus Reset, Root, Cycle Master all no
  IRM and Bus Manager all yes
Node[01:1023] GUID[0000f041e0006c4]:
  Vendor ID: 'SAMSUNG' [0x0000f0]
  Capabilities: 0x0083c0
  Bus Options:
    IRMC(0) CMC(0) ISC(0) BMC(0) PMC(0) GEN(1)
    LSPD(2) MAX_REC(2048) CYC_CLK_ACC(255)
  Unit Directory 0:
  Vendor/Model ID: SAMSUNG [0000f0] / Type 5 External [000000]
  Software Specifier ID: 00609e
  Software Version: 010483
  Length (in quads): 8
[All read with my eyes and typed by hand]

cat /proc/scsi/scsi reads: Attached devices: none

Furthermore there is /proc/scsi/sbp2 saying max speed=S400, max sectors 255,
max outstanding commands 8, max outst. commands per lun 1, serilized i/o
(debug) no, exclusive login: yes.

Something else I can look at to see what the device name is?

Fed up with my mail bombs? Just say so ;)

Mariano