Re: mouse problem

On 24 Mar 2003 14:24:36 +0100 francois@tourde.org (Franηois TOURDE) wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@freemail.gr> writes:
>
>  > On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:40:25 +0100 Martin Kacerovsky <wizard@matfyz.cz>
>  > wrote:
>  >
>  > >  I'm not 100% sure, but I've always thought that THIS is not problem,
>  > >  but this is feature, because that's how PS/2 works.
>  > >  AFAIK PS/2 mice cannot be unplugged once driver for them is loaded,
>  > >  after that they will stop working (it is not feature of Linux, try it
>  > >  in M$ Window$).
>  > I am running also w$ 2000 SP3 on this laptop and I don't have this problem.
>
>  I'm running Debian on the same system, and have no problems with PS/2 and USB
>  plugging and unplugging it.

I just recompiled my kernel and I do n't get the error about mice anymore.
I tried to use the nvidia drive and I did what the doc under /usr/share/doc says
but when I am tring to start the X i am gettig this

 II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module nvidia
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
(II) Module mouse: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 XInput Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 XInput driver, version 0.4
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I did exactly what I read in the README.debia file!
For sure I did something wrong but I can not figure out any ideas?

PAvlos

--
I love having the feeling of being in control

The surfer of life
GnuPG Key: FB1E6AE7
Fingerprint  A9AE EA0C EE1F FBD0 5B6F  3F77 2782 EFE2 FB1E 6AE7
Get my key here: http://users.hol.gr/~p_pavlos/pubpgpkey.txt