Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394

Hi,

  I just bought a Samsung Q10, a really nice and slick subnotebook.
Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to get debian on it.

  It boots fine from the woody cd-rom and let's me format the drives etc.,
but when it comes down to load kernel modules it doesn't know where to turn
to. When issuing "mount" I don't see the cdrom connected(?) by firewire. I
haven't been able to google something useful.

  I am completly willing to download an image of unstable it that would
help?

  Do I have to fallback to Knoppix or Redhat? Linux-laptop.net seems to
suggest that.

  But if Knoppix is up to the job, why shouldn't work this with debian... ?

  Any help is strongly appreciated...

Cheers,
Mariano