Re: airline travel with hitech gear? (a bit offtopic)

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 13:29, Jamie Lawrence wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:27, Hubert Chan wrote:
> >
> > They claim that the risk is of taking something flammable or explosive in the
> > bottle.  However they don't bother about bottles of mineral water, so a
> > terrorist could fill a water bottle with something clear such as methylated
> > spirits.
>
> Not true everywhere. Flying out of SFO, I was asked to open two bottles
> of water in my carryon so that the screeners could smell them.
>
> I had a cup of coffee with me, and they asked me to take a sip of it
> before going through. (There's a security failure here, if you think
> about it.)
>
> Maybe I just look swarthy and dangerous.

Well, you are a Linux user, and therefore a direct threat to one of the
US's greatest assests, Microsoft. You know that all us Linux users are
unwashed Communist hippies trying to bring about the fall of corporate
America and all... ;)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837