Re: checking root-filesystem after crash

also sprach mi <Michael.Wordehoff@gmx.de> [2003.03.10.1717 +0100]:
> Anybody on a laptop list experienced with that ?... Am i right that
> fsck shouldn't be run upon the running root-filesystem, so one
> rather would boot another linux (e.g. from an installer cd ) to do
> that ?

not entirely true. as long as the filesystem is read-only (which it is
at boot time) the fsck is fine.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc