Re: gnome does not start

well i guess that was something i dint try after installing the new X.
but i tried it now, and i get the same behavior. note that i got twm to
work. so i think its a gnome specific problem, but not having anything
to do with userlevel or /etc/ config files. just a hunch. i am
providing links to some files someone may find useful.
thanks

http://csce.unl.edu/~pkallaku/pub/general/XF86Config-4
http://csce.unl.edu/~pkallaku/pub/general/XFree86.0.log
http://csce.unl.edu/~pkallaku/pub/general/startx.err

MW <m_westwind@yahoo.com> wrote:
M > I would suggest rather than using xdm, you start X using startx, then starting gnome
M > from within X so you can get some error messages.

M > regards
M > Michael Westwind

M > --- Praveen Kallakuri <praveen@unlserve.unl.edu> wrote:

>> --

M > =====
M > "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to
M > collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather
M > teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

M >                               --- Antoine de Saint Exupery

M > Do you Yahoo!?
M > Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
M > http://taxes.yahoo.com/