Re: Gnome locking up.

Hello Harley.
Try to find out what process is hanging.
Is it gnome, the windowmanager,  a userspace process at all ?
Perhaps using xlogmaster --> 'process tree' ( you might check the logs as
well ).
Or something from a xterm commandline, like - let's see...

watch -n1 -d "ps ux | tail 28"
(where 28 is the number of lines shown from the complete list's end).

Harley D. Eades III:
> Hello
>     This is my first post to the mailing list so nice to meet you. Any
> hoo I am having problems with gnome it seems to lock up when I change a
> setting. Like if I change the image in the background of the terminal
> then I press ok to apply my changes and boom it locks up any insight on
> this problem.

> Thanks

hth !

                          micha.