Re: combo dvd/cdrw

i just wanted to tell I just "fixed" my cd/dvd rom.. i took the battery out and putted right in again.. then my cd/dvd-rom could again read regular cd's and not just dvd's. heh.. strange..

oh well.. i can read any kind of dvd's though.. i think this is extremely odd.. better go order a new drive then =(
thnx for your respond.

I got the similar problem with my old DVD/CD-ROM for Compaq Armada M700 (drive model DRN-8040B). Just like yours, it could only read DVDs with movies (i.e. no data DVDs, no data/audio CDs). In my case it was drive's fault rather than OS's (under win2000 I got the same).

I had to order a new drive - now it works perfectly (that is, I can do anything!)

magne rolandsen wrote:

Hi there!

I'm having problems with my combo dvd/cdrw reader on my packard bell iGo 5461.. i can't image it has anyone to do with linux though, but the cdrom can't read anything but DVD's.. and this is also a problem when i try too boot the machine with a standard bootable cd. When i boot with a DVD it works fine.. anyone had this problem? thnx for ideas..

magne