xfree86 on AcerTravelMate 620

Hej Debian users,

have a problem to setup debian on my laptop!

Here is my configuration:

Acer TravelMate 620

Graphic Card: Intel i830

SXGA LCD Display: 1400x1050

So first of all I have the unstable version of debian installed. Then I downloaded the driver from Intel, made a kernel update to 2.4.18! Now xserver-xfree86 4.2.1 runs with gdm and metacity as windowmanager!

Here’s the problem:

Can’t configure xserver for 1400x1050 tried to make it by hand à no effect!!

Get only a picture about 800x600 or something in this way, is only a little picture compared with my display ;-))

If a enable Screen Expansion (I need this for windows) I don’t get nice pictures

So did anybody have the same problem, or could you send me your XF86Config File??

Thanks in advance

Herbert Volkmann