Re: dell i8200 and sound jack at apr

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:24:31PM +0100, Mirko Weber wrote:
> hi,
> i have an dell inspiron 8200 and the andvanced port replicator from dell for
> this laptop. anything goes fine, exept the sound jack on the apr. i am
> running a 2.4.20 kernel and use the i810_audio module for the soundcard. has
> anyone expirence whith this thinks?
>
> thanks
> cu,mirko

I don't think it will work. There's something in the windows driver that
tells the sound card to use the port replicator's jack. The Linux driver
does not seem to notice the port replicator.
I've got a Latitude C840 with a C/Dock, same problem.

Regards.

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta       | They that give up essential liberty
agi@(agi.as|debian.org)        | to obtain a little temporary safety

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3