Re: making a new kernel

Thanks.  libncurses-dev seems to have allowed 'make menuconfig'.
Installing tk didn't get 'make xconfig' to work, but I didn't reboot or
anything yet - just installed it.

I've configured a kernel and I'm making it now.  I need to see if I can
get support for my NX70V Clie for USB syncing.

Why wasn't ncurses workable without installing the 'dev' libraries?  It
seems like a bait-and-switch trick.  What's the point of installing
"ncurses" if that doesn't in fact get ncurses support?  I would like to
understand so I can decode other naming tricks...

Cheers,
Bret