Re: Built-in wireless lan in asus l3800c (l3c)

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 19:44, Joel Alexandre wrote:
> i have a a asus l3800c with builtin wireless lan and would like to put
> it to work in debian.
> but i have several problems.
>
> - i don't know anything about my wlan card.
> in asus site it doesn't say anything about it.
> (in windows i had to install some drivers that were in asus download
> section but i can't get those drivers again - asus download section is
> down. all i can remember is that it was ( i think) an intel).
>
> - i've been looking around and found this site
> http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/index.html but i don't know if it's
> the right way.
For starters you should probably do either "lspci" or "cat /proc/pci"
and try to find out which wireless card it is that you have exactly.

If it's an 802.11b card, you're in luck since there's some pretty solid
support for most of those cards out there. If, on the other hand, it's
an 802.11a card, don't count on it. There are very few projects under
way for writing drivers for 802.11a cards and I don't even know if there
are any usable drivers available for ANY 802.11a cards. Good luck. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837