Re: after knx-hdinstall howto network configure ?

At 15:05 2003-02-22, a.lefranc wrote:
Le Samedi 22 Février 2003 10:34, Johan Ehnberg a écrit :
> /etc/network/interfaces. There you should have the following entry:
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 10.0.0.3        # I believe this was your laptop
> netmask 255.0.0.0
> gateway 10.0.0.138
>

> For name resolving, edit /etc/resolv.conf
> There you should have your DNS server specified:
>
> search netpratique.fr
> nameserver 62.210.164.14

thanks I have done that but when I want to make a ping...
network is unreachable...

ha  it's difficult when you are a newbie...

What does 'ifconfig' and 'route' say?
If ping cannot reach network, it does not have to do with name resolving. At least not if you give it an ip adress.

//I
Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com