Re: thinkpad 560 + RAM [OT - but running woody ;-)]

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 12:40:07PM +0100, Andreas wrote:
> is anybody running an IBM Thinkpad 560 with 8+64MB Ram ?

I'm pretty sure mine can only go to 8 + 32 MB.  That's a vanilla 560,
not an E or X.

> and does somebody know a bios update how-to for the Thinkpad to
> point at me ?

Go to www.pc.ibm.com and navigate down to the Thinkpad 560 page.
Choose "Downloadable Files" from the sidebar, and select type = BIOS.

There are good instructions on the web page, but basically, you
download a DOS executable from the IBM site, and run it on a DOS or
Windows machine (doesn't have to be your 560).  When you run the
program, it prompts you to insert a diskette which it formats and
writes. Then you boot your 560 with that diskette.

> (who is a bit afraid of doing bios updates)

Just make sure your ThinkPad is on AC power while doing the update.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u