Re: starting blackbox with woody - how?

Last orders....?

Mat?j Hausenblas schrieb zu Re: starting blackbox with woody - how?:
> Hi,
> I have on my laptop so few memory, that I can't afford start KDM on the
> startup, so someone told me to do a script: ~/.xinitrc and in it I wrote:
> exec &@

On my desktop, I ditched the display managers as well, since sometimes are
really in a hurry ;-) The point is that sometimes i don't wnt to enter X at
all, just to get the latest mails,  so i do a single command invoking a
script that does in turn proceed ppp, fetchmail, then gnus/emacs.

After booting, i type in my username (which is rather short ;-)
and get the prompt.  Set PAM login to ask not for a passowrd (with the
'passwd' command).

To enter X i type  'X' which in my case is an alias for 'startx &',
which does some configuration stuff (look it up in `which startx`)
and executes ~/.xsession, where i put some lines defining a $realstartup
depending on conditions,  plus an 'exec $realstartup'.

> Then when I log into the computer, when I will start blackbox, I call:
> xinit blackbox&
> (to start KDE 3.x I call kde3, the rest of windowmanagers doesn't change:
> fluxbox, wmaker... whatever)

afaicr 'alias' doesn't allow to pass parameters.
Simply i don't need it, but you could make it a command-script, to invoke
different session types.

Greets

                          micha.