Re: starting blackbox with woody - how?

Robert Michel wrote:
>Salve,
>
>I'm not so fit with x-servers ;( can you give me a hint,
>how I can start blackbox instead of Gnome or KDE?
>Is there a chance to start bb with the Gnome Window Manager,
>or is bb to start manualy?
When insatlling a windowmanager, it should be added to the login-manager's
menu automatically. Anyway,  as supposed an
update-alternatives [kwg]dm
should do also.
Though using kdm here, i guess gdm is quite similar.
For each user the last selected entry is stored as 'default'.
As it's the job of a loginmanager, you still have to to login manually.
Kdm can be configured to forget about any password, so you'd just have to hit
'enter' to the presettings.

If you'd like to change the loginmanager, try 'dpkg-reconfigure gdm'
resp. kdm /xdm.

>Excuse my basic-question, but I beleave on slow lapops
>using blackbox or other smart window-manager would make
>much sense.

Windowmaker is rather fast, too, with a nice outfit.
twm is very small.

For basic documentation, look up /usr/share/doc/blackbox.

                        micha.