Re: Hibarnation / lphdisk / Destroyed MBR (solved)

Thank you very much, Frédérick and Benjamin.  I knew about swsusp, but
hadn't check the project status in a long while.  Could you say, more or
less, how fast is it?  I mean average suspend/resume times on your
machines.

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 15:33, Frédéric Bothamy wrote:
> The official page for swsusp is :
>
> http://fchabaud.free.fr/English/default.php3?COUNT=3&FILE0=Tricks&FILE1=Laptop&FILE2=Swsusp
>
> with patches for latest kernels. There is also a SF project
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/swsusp). It seems that the swsusp
> patches are made to work with specific ACPI patches that you can find
> there (http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi). Be sure to use pristine
> kernel sources from kernel.org as I have heard of problems with
> patching Debian kernel sources.

Just FYI, I subscribed to the swsusp mailing list yesterday.  Curiously
enough, the first mail I got from the list was from one SATOH Fumiyasu,
about some patches for swsusp+XFS.  The interesting part is that Mr.
Fumiyasu said the patch works on this setup:

> Tested on:
>        DELL Latitude X200
>        Debian GNU/Linux unstable(sid)
>        Linux kernel 2.4.20 (Debian kernel-source-2.4.20 +
>                             linux-2.4.20/drivers/acpi tree for ACPI
>  patch :)
>       XFS 1.2pre4 patch (Debian kernel-patch-xfs 1.2pre4-1)
>       ACPI patch 20021212
>       swsusp b18 patch for Linux 2.4.20 + ACPI20021212

Looks like the thing does work on the Debian kernel-source.  I didn't
want to ask there --just subscribed, too soon for me to post on that
list...  But I'll post here my results, when I have time to try it.

 -CR