Re: I broke apache and hacked a fix, but what happened and how do I fix it properly?

Thanks for all comments.

I have both libdb2 and libdb3 installed.

Following the comment below I changed the symlink like this:

debian:/lib# ln -s libdb2.so.2 libdb.so.2
debian:/lib# ls -l libdb*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Feb 12 23:30 libdb.so.2 -> libdb2.so.2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       233488 Apr 18  2002 libdb.so.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Sep 24 10:06 libdb2.so.2 -> libdb2.so.2.7.7
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       262812 Apr 18  2002 libdb2.so.2.7.7

But that didn't go down well:

debian:/lib# apache
Syntax error on line 222 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_rewrite.so into server: /lib/libdb.so.2: version `GLIBC_2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_rewrite.so)

So, I think I'll stick with ln -s libdb.so.3 libdb.so.2.

Is it possible that somehow a symlink got deleted as part of some deb being (un)installed? In the meantime, if it ain't broke ...?

Best

Ivan