From: Joris [mailto:joris@linux.be]
Sent: den 11 februari 2003 07:15
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: airline travel with hitech gear? (a bit offtopic)

Hi,

I know it has little to do with debian on laptops (altough a non-windows
OS booting meight look suspecious to customs), but:

What advice can experienced travellers give me on flying with a laptop?

I don't want to take any chances with the baggage (especially since I
won't have a direct flight), so I'll have to keep it in the
hand-luggage.

Can laptops (and digital photocameras) survive the xrays used? Or should
I remove the tech gear and offer it for in spection to the guards? (Or
wrap it in alu foil? :p)

Any other usefull hints are also welcome...

--
  Greetings
  Joris