Re: hibernation

MeeowEst@aol.com, 2003-Feb-01 12:09 -0500:
> my computer originally gave me the option to go to hibernation,  which is
> needed in my computer situation and now i no longer have it.    how may i
> please restore this service??    esther van fleet

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "hibernation", so here's some
info on the 2 things I think it could be:

1. If you mean suspending to memory, that is a function of the BIOS as
   well as the use of the apmd package.

2. If you mean suspending to disk, you need a special partition on
   your hard drive that you can create using lphdisk, unless it's
   still there, along with the right BIOS settings and the apmd
   package.

If you have specific issues, post them so specific help can be
provided.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer