Re: pcmcia freezes

> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 14:59, cyn wrote:
> > Yes, you're right - this was why I enabled acpi in the first place - my
> > cardbus socket, onboard ethernet, and onboard modem are all using IRQ 11.
hmmm...sure acpi is doing a lot of stuff, but i wonder if once again it's
mixed up here with apic ( advanced power interrupt control ).
The latter definiteley is involved in setting interrupts.

> Try adding "exclude irq 3" to your /etc/pcmcia/config.opts.
> My guess is that the orinoco driver is conflicting
> with a built-in serial port.

try #lspci -t ( and #lspci and #lspci -vv also )
compare to #cat /proc/interrupts.

Then read
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO-6.html
-- start at "6.4 IRQ & IO Address Must be Correct"
Also some hints in
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO-7.html#ss7.6

Good luck !

--