Re: prevent APM-Standby on lid-close

From: "Fedor Karpelevitch" <fedor@karpelevitch.net>

> On Вторник 21 Январь 2003 05:02, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > From: "busab" <busab-debian-laptop@altern.org>
> >
> > > how do you enable standby with ACPI? I've got a Gericom 1400,
> > > ACPI give me nice info about battery state or systeme temperature
> > > but i don't know how to activate standby (without swsuspend).
> > > thanks
> >
> > echo 1 >/proc/acpi/sleep
> >
> > You need to have ACPI_CONFIG_SLEEP in your kernel config, and
> > /proc/acpi/info must show an S1 state.
>
> for me it only shows        S0 S3 S4 S5
>
> what are my options for suspend? Is it only swsusp? Last time I tried
> that it would stop on deconfiguring network interfaces...

Your options are as shown, S0 - normal, S3 - suspend-to-ram, S4 -
suspend-to-disk, S5 - poweroff.  So yes, you need swsusp.  iirc, swsusp is never
going to suspend network interfaces directly - individual drivers either need to
take care of it, or you need to get control of the suspend process before swsusp
and deactivate them (not hard with ACPI, you hook into the scripts run by acpid
to do whatever you need).