APM and Power Savings not working...

Hi,

I've installed debian woody on my laptop and recompiled the kernel with APM on boot but it seams not to be working correctly.

Under X when the laptop is inactive for a while, the laptop seams to enter the APM standby mode, but (don't know why) right after the LCD and the disk is stoped, my disk starts to spin again and the standby is aborted.

I need the maximum time of batery i can get, because i use my laptop on the move, and my batery sucks and only lasts for 1 and a half hour...
It's a Clevo 2700C

I've switched my root FS from ext2 to ext3 can this be the problem? My APM bios timeout for disk is 5 minutes, and my XFree config has this:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "BlankTime"      "3"
        Option "StandbyTime"    "10"
        Option "SuspendTime"    "15"
EndSection

My KDE 3.0.5a has the Power Control like this:

Energy:
	Standby: 5min
	Suspend: Disabled
	Power Off: 10min

Laptop Power Control:
	Not Powered: Standby: 5min
	Powered: Off: 20min

ScreenSaver (enabled):
	Blank Screen: 2min

My Kernel config for APM is like this:

CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

RTC_IS_GMT is not set because i've a dual boot with windows2000, shame on me :-)

besides this i also have the noflushd instaled (it install by default with debian, and since i didn't know quite well how to configure it i used the default config:

TIMEOUT=5
DISKS="/dev/hda"

Can someone give me some hints to to make my laptop suspend by it self instead of me pressing the Fn+Esc (the key combination for my laptop to suspend)

Thanks,

Paulo Lopes.

PS: Sorry for my bad english