Re: i830M resolution

Saturday 04 January 2003, alle 21:18, Lars Stollenwerk:
:
: Hello!
:
: My Acer TravelMate has an Intel 830M graphics chip. With the 2.4.18 Kernel
: (agpgart included) and XFree86 4.2.1 (driver i810) I get nice pictures.
: But if I connect an external monitor to the notebook, both displays work
: at wrong resolutions. As far as I know, it should be possible to set the
: resolutions of both displays independently. It even should be possible to
: show different contents on both displays. Does anyone know, what is
: possible under Linux, and how?
:
: Lars Stollenwerk
:
I found a page speaking of SIS chipset where there is also something
about dual monitor. The link is:
http://www.winischhofer.net/sis/XF86Config-4.dual.

Hope this help.

Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa e-mail: sc@linux.it
To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk with the