touchpad on travelmate

Hello!

The touchpad of the acer TravelMate 220 works fine with gpm and X using
the ps2 protocol. But the "scroll" buttons that correspond to the wheel of
a mouse don't work under X. If I try to use the ImPS/2 protocol, the mouse
behaves strange and jumps around.

Maybe it is helpful if I cite the correspondeing section of
/etc/XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

--
Lars Stollenwerk
Institut für Angewandte Physik