Re: Debian on laptop as gateway

    "bong" == bong sabolboro <tagamichi@yahoo.com> writes:

    bong> Hi!  I'm installing Debian Woody 2.2 kernel on an old
    bong> Toshiba laptop and plan to use this as a home gateway.

<gratuitous-advice> Please be sure to start a new thread when you are
posting a new message that is unrelated to other messages. Don't reply
to an existing message like you did here. People might never read your
message because it gets lost in another thread!  </>

    bong> After recompiling a new 2.2.20 kernel, I noticed that
    bong> /lib/modules/2.2.20 does not contain the directory pcmcia
    bong> under it unlike the original /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci.  I
    bong> tried copying the whole directory to the new one but the new
    bong> kernel does not seem to accept it even though they are both
    bong> based on 2.2.20.

I do not use a 2.2.x kernel anymore (as wonderful as they were, I have
too much USB stuff these days). On those kernels the PCMCIA modules
were distributed independently of the kernel.

You want to apt-get install pcmcia-source and build it. Or perhaps you
could simply use pcmcia-modules-2.2.20

Cheers!
Shyamal