Re: Help on Laptop Tunning :-)

Hi,

"Joerg Rieger" <Joerg.Rieger@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:30:56PM +0000, Paulo Lopes wrote:
> > I want to be able to run HTDIG only when i want or something like once a
> > month or week... (since my files don't change alot) I've been looking on
> > htdig.conf but i can't find out where can i tell when to run... and i've
> > been looking under /etc/init.d/ and don't find any script to run htdig...
>
> htdig is invoked by cron from two scripts in /etc/cron.daily/htdig and the
> other one in /etc/cron.weekly/htdig.

Right. However Paulo might need more information:

If you have "anacron" installed the /etc/cron.*/* scripts are handled by
anacron.

If you have "apmd" installed properly "anacron" only runs if your laptop
is plugged to external AC power.

Did you look at the "task" laptop (in "aptitude" or "tasksel")?

Hope this helps,

Jaume