Re: e100 and hotplug on Thinkpad T23

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:25:56AM +0000, Daniel Andor wrote:
> On Friday 15 November 2002 6:49 am, Dave Thayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:27:43PM -0800, Expert User wrote:
> > $ apt-cache show ifplugd
>
> how does this differ from the package laptop-net?

I've never tried laptop-net, it looks like it is more sophisticated
than than ifplugd, but that usually means more trouble to set up, as
well. My needs are modest, I just use ifplugd to handle  the route
tables on my home network when I switch from wireless to 100BT for
more bandwidth. It appears that laptop-net does a lot of network
discovery stuff, which is useful if you use your laptop in different
network environments.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all