Re: Mouse setup under X

Hi again,

my laptop does not have a serial DB9 port, only PS2, USB or FireWire...
:-)

I guess i'll keep changing the protocol on XF86Config-4 whenever i need to use the wheelmouse...

Paulo.

cyn wrote:

it just occured to me - could you use the external mouse with a ps2
-> serial converter and as a serial mouse?  I'm sure if you don't have one
lying around you could pick one up for a buck or two at your local
radioshack or computing store.

just another possibility.  A bit of an unfortunate workaround, but if the
other solutions don't work - this at least would.

-----
This email has been sent as a single line of query, and in no way
indicates the senders interest in or acceptance of any promotions or
"opt-in"'s unless otherwise EXPRESSLY noted.