Re: I need help setting up my DVD please.

On  7-11-2002, at 22h 05'37", Jeremy Petzold wrote to debian-laptop about "I need help setting up my DVD please."

> I edited my fstab to add a dvd entry here is my fstab :
>
> /# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
>   /dev/hda2        /             xfs    defaults             0       0
>   /dev/hda5        none         swap      sw                 0       0
>    proc            /proc         proc   defaults             0       0
>   /dev/fd0         /floppy       auto   user,noauto          0       0
>   /dev/scd0        /cdrom     iso9660   ro,user,noauto       0       0
>   /dev/hda6        /home         xfs     defaults            0       0
>   /dev/scd0        /dvd                user,noauto,ro        0       0

The last line should be /dev/scd0 /dvd auto user,noauto,ro 0 0 (you
missed the auto).

Can you do this: mount /dvd with your fstab file? Or only mount /cdrom?

> here is the ogle output:
>

> libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
> libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
> vm: faild to read VIDEO_TS.IFO

Is the DVD OK? Have you tried xine or mplayer as well?

Ionel