Re: pcmcia autodetect

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:13:49 +0100
DEFFONTAINES Vincent <Vincent.DEFFONTAINES@coe.int> wrote:

> > *** /etc/network/interfaces
> >
> > auto lo eth0
> > iface lo inet loopback
> > iface eth0 inet dhcp
> >

> It seems to me the /etc/network/interfaces is useless for pcmcia network
> cards.
> You should setup your network options in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

This is not quite accurate.  What you need to do is install hotplug, which
should call ifup eth# when you plug in a new pcmcia card... In my setup,
I then use interface mappings for eth0 and eth1 (to differentiate between
my wired card and my wifi card).  I can send you my mapping script (written
in ruby) if you want it.

> Hope this helps
>
> Vincent

	--xsdg
--
| "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"   |
|   -- Gandhi                                       |