Re: How to enable sound with Intel AC'97 on Sony VAIO GRX316G?

Hi,

  your comments helped me to get sound working on my laptop and on my
desktop. On the desktop everything works fine, but I disabled it on my
lapto, because the sound is a bit messed up and more importantly since I
have sound my machine crashs from time to time. I believe this problem
is pretty hard to fix as the machine really crashs: no caps lock light
anymore, no logs etc ... So I'll stop here as sounds is not _that_
important.

  I still have no /dev/sonypi, but the module is loaded probably. But
that is not a real problem as

  Thanx for your help! I learned a lot ;-)

Cheers,
Mariano