Re: GNOME 2 install failure

this is not properly a "laptop" issue :)

>I'm trying to install GNOME2 in my woody debian distribution, I follow all the
>steps in the GNOME.ORG site, but whan some packages are being installed some
>errors ocurrs... I get an error message that says: Input is not proper UTF-8,
>indicate encoding !

the same happens here, during installation of file-roller2. After that, various dependency problems let the whole installation fail.

I tried to install Gnome2 during the last week so I can't remember the exact problem given from apt. IIRC it was an *omf* file under /usr/share/omf/ that broked things.

Has anybody experienced or solved that?

--
mattia

>??????????? What does that suppose to mean?!
>Can anybody help?!
>
>Thanks!
>JVTV

Invia un sms gratis!