Toshiba Satellite 1110

Hi :-)
I recently bought me a Toshiba Satellite 1110, after having tested it with
KNOPPIX, a Debian-based Linux-on-a-CDROM with a very sophisticated
hardware-detection - it worked well, all peripherals were supported.
Then I installed Knoppix on the harddisk using a little script from the CD.
Now when I try to boot via the bootdisk I made, the kernel loads, init starts,
but then hangs with an error about an IRQ-error for the CardbusBridge. I
commented out the 'noapic' in syslinux.cfg on the disk, but now it seems to
hang while loading the kernelmodules - rtc is last thing to be shown, then
nothing happens anymore :-/

Anyone any hint?

Thanks in advance,

	best regards,