<SOLVED> Re: Can't Reboot to Win98 After Restarting from Woody

This is how I got it works.

It wasn't APM that caused the problem. It was pcmcia service that tried to load inapporiate module which was "i82365.o" The PC card (Linksys PCMLM56) wasn't working. Adding the module "yenta_socket" made the card working, yet there were always error messages at bootup complaining inapproriate modules and at shutting down module "i82365.o" isn't loaded, can't unload ...

I managed to change the value of PCIC from i82365.o to yenta_socket.o at /etc/default/pcmcia and removed the added module.
It turns to be that now I can boot to Win98 in a warm start happily, :-)

I wondered why the module "i82365.o" is chosen as default config.

Yuhanes

Yuhanes Tjandra wrote:

Hi all,

I am currently running Woody, dual booting with Win98SE in my laptop (Sony PCG-F490). The problem is that Win98Se can't be booted direct after restarting from Woody. It freezes and the only thing that I can do is to press the power button off and on, then Win98Se can operate normally.

FYI, I used to have potato in this laptop, which was upgraded to SID and kernel-image 2.4.18-5 (being used in current Woody as well) later on and never had any problem with that.

Anyone has a clue to that? Any help will be appreciated.

Yuhanes