pcmcia administration

Hello List

I installed a Debian Woody distribution on my Dell laptop. I must have mist
the "pcmcia network installtion" during the initial installation procedure.
Since I am new to Debian (I had a Suse distribution before) I don't know how
to administrate the pcmcia network settings afterwards.

I am using the 2.2.20 standard kernel. "cardinfo" tells me that it did
indeed find the pcmcia devices. (The pcmcia network card is a 3c589. That
seems to work fine.) However, it does not seem to initilize the the network
device. When I say "ifconfig" it shows me only the lo stuff.

I tried to administrate the network parameters with "netconf". Well, that
created a conf.modules file. That did not help much!

If you could give me a hint which tool to use or if you could name me a
howto, manpage, I would be glad.

Thank you vermy much

Krischan Keitsch