Re: Modem problem

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:55:01AM +0330, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> I have a winmodem on it,i tried pctel driver for it with a self
> compiled kernel(2.4.19) and it worked fine. Then I want to
> compile it with a apt-gettted kernel but it failed due to some
> missing symbles(I installed the kernel header) So I returned to
> the self compiled kernel but it is not working anymore! It can
> found he moem but says that it is busy! Help me please?!

You should reboot your computer before recompiling modem driver
package and then maybe even reboot once more just to be sure,
that all modules are well in place. BTW, you did compile your
kernel using make-kpkg, didn't you?

Best,
Matej

--
Matej Cepl, matej@ceplovi.cz, PGP ID# D96484AC

Why should I travel, when I'm already there?
	-- Bostonian lady, when being asked why she never visited
		other places than Boston