Re: Combo DVD/CDRW drive

> > Quite. The hard part of USB 2, and also the reason that I didn't mention
> > it, is that AFAIK there is *no* USB 2 hardware for a laptop available.
> >
> > None of them come with it built in, I am fairly certain, and I have not
> > yet seen a PCMCIA form factor card for it...
> >

> Actually, I have seen PCMCIA USB 2 cards, at Best Buy.  So a USB 2 drive could
> be a good choice.

Yes, I found a few, but only one from ads technologies is mentioned in
linux usb

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=668

i am not sure if any of the others will work fine with linux. On the
other hand for the PCMCIA firewire cards many of them are listed in
linux1394.org as working.

Cheers,

Luis
                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom