Combo DVD/CDRW drive

Hi there,

I am about to purchase a combo dvd/cdrw drive and I would
like to ask for some advice to make sure I get a linux compatible one.

First of all here is what I have

Toshiba 1800-314 with celeron 1.1
graphics chip Trident CyberBlade XP

I have found one manufacturer which claims compatibility with linux:
AMACOM. They offer the EZ combo and the baby combo, the later being
more expensive. So my questions are

1) As anyone got any experience with one of these?

2) which interface should I go for? they offer pcmcia 16 bit or 32 bit
paralell, usb and firewire.

3) Any experience with any other model? Freecom also offer two combo
drives but I could not find any information about compatibility with
linux

4)At last, will I be able to use the TV out port of the laptop to
watch dvd's on a tv? If yes, do I need any extra hardware for this?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Luis

                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom