Re: pcmcia help?

"Bruce Best (CRO)" <bestb@lao.on.ca> writes:

> In addition to the pcmcia modules, you need the modules specific to your
> network card. A google for "FEther PCC-TXF linux" turns up
> http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS, and the right module
> for this card appears to be "pcnet_cs".
>
> Try
>
> # modprobe pcnet_cs
>
> then
>
> # ifconfig eth0 up

Thanks. I tried it, but:

$ ifconfig eth0 up

eth0: unknown interface: No such device

:-(

lsmode shows:

Module                  Size  Used by
pcnet_cs               10340   0  (unused)
8390                    5916   0  [pcnet_cs]
ds                      6028   2  [pcnet_cs]
i82365                 21072   2
pcmcia_core            42384   0  [pcnet_cs ds i82365]
nls_cp437               3872   4  (autoclean)
slip                    7232   0  (unused)
ppp                    20296   0  (unused)
slhc                    4368   0  [slip ppp]
binfmt_misc             3800   0
binfmt_aout             3936   0
autofs                  9140   0  (unused)
smbfs                  24928   0  (unused)
vfat                    9404   2
unix                   11332  97  (autoclean)

Thanks again!

Andreas Goesele