kdebase: patterns over the screen

Package: kdebase
Version: 4:2.2.2-14
Severity: important

I have problem to describe the problem, but when using KDE, there are
some very strange patterns displayed over some applications (my computer
is Compaq Presario 1200 notebook with Trident Cyberblade on Display). It
happens mostly with konqueror, which is close to be unusable, but there
are some other applications affected less (Mozilla is mostly, not
always, OK; LyX has to be resized to get clear window). These patterns
are probably somewhere in video driver, because I cannot record them in
screenshot (w/ksnapshot). I do not use AA (but when I tried it was just
same).

Do you have explanation for this mystical patterns?

Attached is my /etc/XF86Config-4.

Thanks for any reply,

Matej

-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux komensky 2.4.19 #2 Út øíj 8 10:36:58 EDT 2002 i586
Locale: LANG=cs_CZ, LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ

Versions of packages kdebase depends on:
ii  debianutils                  1.16.3      Miscellaneous utilities specific t
ii  kdebase-libs                 4:2.2.2-14  KDE libraries and modules for kdeb
ii  kdelibs3                     4:2.2.2-13  KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdewallpapers                4:2.2.2-14  Some wallpapers for KDE
ii  libc6                        2.2.5-14.3  GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libfam0                      2.6.8-3     client library to control the FAM
ii  libjpeg62                    6b-6        The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG
ii  libkonq3                     4:2.2.2-14  Core libraries for KDE's file mana
ii  libpam-modules               0.72-35     Pluggable Authentication Modules f
ii  libpng2                      1.0.12-6    PNG library - runtime
ii  libqt2                       3:2.3.1-22  Qt GUI Library (runtime version).
ii  libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2       1:2.95.4-11 The GNU stdc++ library
ii  xfree86-common               4.1.0-17    X Window System (XFree86) infrastr
ii  xlibs                        4.1.0-17    X Window System client libraries
ii  zlib1g                       1:1.1.4-4   compression library - runtime