Module missing from kernel

After compiling my own kernel i get this message a couple of times during boot:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135

And this doesn't look like anything I can find in the kernel config.

I think it might be related to another problem I've been having where non ascii characters (danish special letters) becomes corrupted in mozilla. I've seen it on a webpage in the browser and when cutting and pasting danish text in the mailer.

So does anyone know what to do?

Anders